- Diversity which is the mix of differences;
- Inclusion is making the mix work successfully;
- Cultural competence is the "how to" of putting the two together.
Leading with inclusion at the fore enhances a team's breadth and depth of creativity. Creativity (harnessed) leads to intercultural leader effectiveness, Intercultural leader effectiveness leads to intercultural goal attainment, every leader's sweet spot: goal attainment.
Intercultural Leadership prepares leaders to:
- Build capability to shift cultural perspective and adapt behavior to cultural commonality and difference
- Cultivate inclusion and deeper levels of mutual adaptation in the workplace creating a workplace to share talents and awakening creativity
- Adapt — or bridge — across various cultural differences
As you revitalize your leadership toward a global Heartset, Mindset, and Skillset, you will engage in effectively leading a diverse, cross-cultural workforce: with different worldviews, varied cultural backgrounds, different languages, mixed ways of thinking, and processing information differently. As a skilled intercultural leader, you will realize effectiveness, synergy, and cultural intelligence, all leading to organizational success.